Secoa’s Coatings that Target Release, Non-Stick and Low Friction Are Powerfully Engineered and Very Efficient
Release coatings include various fluoropolymers and other chemistries. These coatings allow machine parts to perform cleanly without the addition of dirt attracting lubricants. They also allow machines to operate consistently, even after long periods of being dormant, without fear of failure due to corrosion. The application of these highly engineered coatings offer design versatility when it is not feasible to utilize traditional lubricants as well as other advantages which include the elimination or reduction of noise, and a reduced coefficient of friction.
We use the highest quality products to formulate our release coating systems so that we can ensure that they will coat easily and cure quickly in a broad range of substrates.
Secoa Technology’s Release Coatings Can Be Used In a Variety of Industries
The release coatings that we offer are guaranteed to meet the exacting standards of our clients, as well as add another layer of lubrication and durability. They include:
- FluoroClad 5: A water-based dispersion (wet spray) four-coat system that employees a titanium reinforced matrix that is designed for use as a mold release. It is especially effective in applications where non-stick and cleanability is desired. This coating is designed for both industrial applications and where food contact is involved. FC 5 is especially noted for its excellent durability and hot hardness capabilities. The maximum continuous temperature resistance of 500° F (260° C). This coating system complies with the FDA code of federal regulations referenced in CFR title 121 subsection 175.300. It is also compliant with California prop 65.
- FluoroClad 6 (FEP): A two-coat system designed for a wide range of industrial applications where there is a need for the highest level of release coupled with very good abrasion resistance. Abrasion resistance is due to the very low coefficient of friction exhibited by the coating system. FC 6 has a continuous operating temperature rating of 450° F (232° C). This coating system complies with the FDA code of federal regulations referenced in CFR title 121 subsection 175.300.
- FluoroClad 7 (PTFE): A three-coat water based dispersion (wet spray) PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) coating system. FC 7 exhibits enhanced nonstick properties combined with outstanding durability. It has been specially formulated for application to surfaces of cookware, bakeware, and cutlery. The maximum continuous temperature resistance of 500° F (260° C). This coating system complies with the FDA code of federal regulations referenced in CFR title 121 subsection 175.300.
- FluoroClad 19 (PFA): A highly durable two-coat system that exhibits excellent release properties. FC 19 is available as both a wet dispersion coating and a powder coating. Traditionally it is applied as a combination wet and powder, the first coat being a water-based primer and the second coat a powder form of PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy alkane) powder. However, there is a powder primer specially developed to accompany the PFA top coat. All forms of FluoroClad 19 are compliant with FDA Code CFR Title 121, subsection 175.300 guidelines for food contact.
- FluoroClad SDFCTM: This is our ceramic reinforced, two coat water based PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) system that was specifically devised to repel slag buildup and weld splatter.
- Micro Moly Titanium (MMT) is a black powder coating that can be applied in film thicknesses ranging from .0005” to .002”. This coating has good release properties and low coefficient of friction along with excellent corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and durability. This is an excellent coating where a thin film is required yet you do not want to give up anything in the way of performance.
Secoa Tech Goes Above and Beyond to Serve Your Unique Needs
We have been in the metal finishing industry for decades, so our experience and technical prowess are guaranteed. We use a virtually limitless amount of manufacturing processes and substrates to produce many products to fit your exacting specifications. Above is described but a small selection of coatings offered by Secoa Technology. Please contact us at (706) 272-0133 to learn more about the coatings we can apply.