Secoa Technology is excited to announce that it now offers a new hard anodize process called Diamondyze. After 50 years in the Industrial Coating and Plating business, Secoa is convinced that this process will revolutionize the plating industry. DiamonDyze offers a broad range of major improvements in the field of hard anodizing for the end user. The DiamonDyze process imbeds ceramic particles with other proprietary nano-particles into the porosity of the aluminum oxide hard coat, providing a much harder surface that is both very dense and porous free.
Since Secoa Technology has begun to use DiamonDyze we have found countless reasons why we feel that this is a superior process to other platings. Listed below are just a few of the improvements that have been found in so far with the DiamonDyze process and we feel that this list has barely scratched the surface with the potential of what DiamonDyze can offer.
1. DiamonDyze has proven to be harder than the best of standard hard anodize processes. In a recent simple test, an Aluminum part was plated with DiamonDyze and attached to a spinning lathe. A standard file was then used to try and wear the plating off and after the test was completed, the result was a DiamonDyzed part with an undamaged, polished surface and a file with its teeth worn off.
2. Panels coated with Diamondyze exposed from 6,000 to 10,000 hours salt spray showed no failure.
3. One of the biggest innovations with Diamondyze is that it can be offered in many colors. Recently, Secoa Technology applied DiamonDyze with a brass impregnated color to machined aluminum parts as a replacement for costly, actual brass parts and the result was two indistinguishable parts. As a result, our customer has given us the go ahead to DiamonDyze tens of thousands of these parts per month, providing them significant cost savings and a technically superior part.
4. Because the surfaces that are produced with DiamonDyze are very dense they are also very smooth.
5. DiamonDyze is cost competitive with standard Hard Anodizing, Vacuum Deposition, Plasma Spray and Vapor Deposition.
Contact Secoa Technology if you would like to try out DiamonDyze on your next project.
Note: Diamondyze is Compliant with Mil 8685.